Building a new home can be a thrilling and highly satisfying experience. However, it’s also a highly complicated process. That’s why you want to be sure to be working with only the best, most qualified people in the business.
One of the most important pieces in the home-building puzzle is, obviously, the builder. However it can be difficult deciding just which one is the right one for your particular home design.
That’s why we’ve put together the following 20 questions to help you decide on the best, most reliable builder for your new home:
- What sets your firm apart from other home builders?
- Do you have a portfolio of similar projects you can share with me?
- Can you explain your design/building process, step by step?
- What is your process for determining your fees?
- Can you give me an estimate of what your foresee your fees will be for this project?
- What tools will you utilize to help me better understand the overall scope of my project?
- What will the process be as far as making ongoing decisions in the process?
- What are your expectations for me during this process?
- Will you be working with any sub-contractors?
- Have you worked in this area/neighborhood before?
- Throughout the duration of this project, who will be my main contact with your company?
- Will you make my home project a top priority?
- Do you foresee any problems/challenges with my desired design?
- Can you give me an approximate timetable for my project?
- What is your process for collecting all the information you need from me?
- Do you have much experience in sustainable design?
- What “green” technologies work best in my particular region?
- Is there anything during the process that might require an additional fee?
- Can you provide a list of client references?
- What are some things I should be considering before moving forward?