Make Your Home Stand Out to Buyers
Spring is finally here! Warm weather and sunshine is bringing spring cleaning and home buyers, so put your house’s best foot forward. Here are six tips for creating a great first impression for potential buyers of your house.
How to Beautify Your Home
- Wash your house. Hose off the mildew and cobwebs and welcome potential home buyers with a clean, bright, and beautiful sight. Cleaning the siding and exterior is one of the best ways to attract people.
- Add some fresh paint. Have you ever touched up a wall in your house and noticed that it looked so much better? The same applies to your whole house. Although people won’t notice the new paint, you can bet they’ll notice a bright white chip in the navy shutters.
- Mow the lawn. A manicured front lawn gives the impression that the inside of the house is also neat and tidy. Getting rid of the weeds and even laying mulch is a great way to free up some visual space and clean your yard at the same time. That way you can make room for some gorgeous garden space.
- Add some color. Spring is the time for gorgeous gardens and bright colors. Paint the front door to draw people’s eyes to the focal point of your house, or plant some cheery flowers in the front yard to add a splash of spring beauty.
- Make over your mailbox. Replace a fading cover, add house address numbers, and even plant flowers around the mailbox. Your mailbox should complement your house, so incorporate flowers from the front garden or colors from your home to pull everything together.
- Clear the driveway. Grass and other vegetation that comes through the cracks in your driveway or sidewalk can distract from the beauty of your house. Spray some weed killer or fill the cracks. If you have time, you can power wash the pavement and let your driveway sparkle in the sun.