Summer is winding down, but summer and fall fun at Presque Isle State Park certainly isn’t! Spend an afternoon or weekend at the park, enjoying the last of the warm weather, or enjoying some of the unique fall activities the park has to offer.
- Head to the beach! Enjoy swimming, fishing, or relaxation on 11 miles of pristine coastline along Lake Erie. There are plenty of activities to enjoy as well—events, classes, sports, cleanups, and more.
- Eat beach food. A must-stop of Presque Isle? Sara’s—where you can grab a famous hotdog, milkshake, or twist cone.
- Fly a kite. Sunset Point, informally known as “Kite Beach” is the place for kite-lovers! Bring your own to fly, or merely admire the plethora of bright wings in the sky.
- Bike the Isle. Bring a bike or rent a bike to explore the park. A favorite trail is the 13-mile Multipurpose Trail.
- Discover the North Pier and the Lighthouse. It’s a less-popular spot than the Presque Isle Lighthouse, which makes it an unbeatable spot for secluded and unique views.
- Visit the Tom Ridge Environmental Center. Especially with the weather cooling down, this can be a great indoor option filled with education, history, and absolutely unbeatable views from its tower!
Enjoy Some Upcoming Fall and Winter Events
Summer fun is almost done… but fall is on its way! Don’t miss out on these great Presque Isle Events.
Presque Isle Poker Pedal. On October 1, participate in a 15-mile bike around the park with 5 card stops along the way. Prizes for the best hands and an afterparty at the Millcreek Brewing Company included!
Fall Foliage Horse-Drawn Wagon Rides. On October 21, 22, and 23 at Beach 11, bring friends or family to enjoy historic and scenic wagon rides around the North Pier, as well as hot chocolate, cider, and cookies.
Presque Isle Snow Day. Celebrate winter with a day full of activity—ice fishing, sled dog demos, snowshoe hikes, horse-drawn wagon rides, food and refreshments, ice sculpting, snowman competition, ski and snowshoe rentals, even a s’mores station!
Come Explore Presque Isle and Erie County—All Year Round!
Erie County, PA is beautiful any time of year! Come explore life in Erie, discover beautiful homes for sale, learn more about buying a home in Erie County, or contact Marsha Marsh Real Estate Services to learn more or get started finding your home in Erie, PA.