Investing, especially in an active market like Erie’s, can be a profitable financial decision. After all, real estate investments are a reliable form of long-term income! But it’s not all about profit—there are also a lot of challenges that come along with property management.
Are you thinking of buying investment property in Erie? Start your journey off by asking yourself a few of these questions.
Is Investing Right For Me?
Gaining a little extra income and expanding your portfolio sound great on paper, but buying investment property isn’t all about the money—at least not all of the time. Depending on the investment path you choose, you could end up completing major renovations on a property, assuming the position of landlord, or managing multiple buildings. That can be a lot to handle, especially if it’s your first time.
Luckily, the Marsha Marsh Team can help. Our members have years of experience with navigating investment property and property management. We’re more than happy to sit down with you and discuss your ideal investment situation!
What Are The Advantages?
The primary advantage of owning investment property is, of course, the extra income. But there are also a few other key benefits that come along with investing. They include:
- Tax benefits: When you own an investment property, the government allows you to claim self-employment, get lower tax rates, and reap other benefits, so you end up saving in the long run!
- Portfolio diversity: Various investment markets are effected by different factors. When you invest in real estate, you’ll be adding another level to your portfolio, thereby increasing your chances for financial gain.
- Appreciation vs. inflation: Have a fixed-rate mortgage on your rental property? Inflation won’t affect your payments, but for your renters…it’s a different story—which means higher profits for you.
How Do I Choose A Property?
When it comes to property choices, you have a few different options. The big four are:
- Residential: townhouses, apartment buildings, condos, & rental homes
- Commercial: office space & small business leases
- Retail: shopping malls & storefronts
- Industrial: warehouses, storage units, car washes, etc.
Each type of property provides different benefits—some have higher profits, others require less maintenance, and so on—but the right one for you depends on your wants and need. Take some time ask what you want to get out of your investment property, how involved you want to be with managing it, and what sort of money you have to put towards improvements.
How Can the Marsh Team Help?
The Marsha Marsh Team has been operating in and around the Erie area for years, so not only do we know the ins and outs of every neighborhood, but we’re also skilled in predicting market trends. Whether you’re gearing up to buy your investment property or preparing to put it on the market, we offer specialized resources for both!
When it comes to investing, we provide key benefits for property management—like connecting you with local contractors, helping you manage tenant communications, and making maintenance requests a breeze. In fact, we even have our own Property Management Division that handles every detail of the rental process for you!
Ready to Learn More?
Our team is dedicated to providing every one of our clients with the experience and resources that they need for investing success. Get to know a little more about how we can help you invest in Erie real estate, and give us a call when you’re ready to maximize your profits!